Following the resignation of the Hon. Andrew Stoner MP, former Deputy Premier of NSW and Leader of the NSW Nationals last week, there have been several changes to the NSW Cabinet.
On the 15th October, Mr Stoner stepped down as the Deputy Premier and Leader of the NSW Nationals. The Hon. Troy Grant MP was elected unopposed as his replacement.
On the 17th October, Mr Stoner also stepped down from his Ministerial portfolios; this resulted in the following changes:
- The Hon. Troy Grant takes on his portfolios of Minister for Trade and Investment, Minister for Regional Infrastructure and Services and Minister for Tourism and Major Events.
- The Member for Monaro and former Parliamentary Secretary for Small Business and Regional Planning, John Barilaro is the new Minister for Small Business and Minister for Regional Tourism.
- The Hon. Duncan Gay MLC, in addition to his role as Minister for Roads and Freight, is now the Minister for the North Coast.
Three new Parliamentary Secretaries have also been announced:
- Mr John Sidoti, Member for Drummoyne, is now the Parliamentary Secretary for Planning;
- The Hon. Niall Blair MLC is now the Parliamentary Secretary for Police and Emergency Services; and
- Mr Geoff Provest MP, Member for Tweed, is now the Parliamentary Secretary for the Deputy Premier and Regional Roads.
Mr Grant, Mr Barilaro and Mr Gay were sworn into their new positions last Friday, 17th October. A full list of the new NSW Ministry can be found here.
The next NSW State Election will be held on Saturday 28th March 2015.