Prime Minister Scott Morrison has announced a Ministry Reshuffle.
As expected, there has been a moving of the deck chairs amongst current Ministers, while new portfolios have been added that focus squarely on providing greater assistance to women.
The following Ministers have moved portfolios:
- Michaelia Cash: Employment to Attorney-General and Industrial Relations
- Karen Andrews: Industry to Home Affairs
- Linda Reynolds: Defence to Government Services and NDIS
- Peter Dutton: Home Affairs to Defence and Leader of the House
- Stuart Robert: Government Services and NDIS to Employment
- Christian Porter: Attorney-General, Leader of the House, and Industrial Relations to Industry
In addition to the above, Melissa Price has entered Cabinet as Minister for Defence Industry.
Meanwhile, the following Ministers/Assistant Ministers have taken on newly established responsibilities for women in addition to their current portfolios:
- Ann Ruston: Women’s Security
- Jane Hume: Women’s Economic Security
- Amanda Stoker: Assistant Minister for Women.
A full list can be found here.