By Elise Eyears, Account Associate
LinkedIn has more than 200 million members. It’s the leading social networking site for professionals, so business-to-business companies should take advantage of this scope.
With this in mind, a LinkedIn Company Page is invaluable for companies of all sizes. In the digital age, LinkedIn provides a business with an opportunity to promote its products and services, recruit new talent, and share important and interesting company updates.
While Facebook has generally been considered the most effective social network for business-to-consumer companies to interact with their customers, the millions of professionals on LinkedIn are consumers too and your business needs to reach them.
First, what is an update?
- Update: An update is posted from your company’s page.
- Impressions: Impressions are the number of times each update is was shown to LinkedIn members.
- Clicks: The number of clicks on the content, the company name, or the company logo.
- Interactions: The number of times people have liked, commented on, or shared each update.
- Engagement: The number of interactions plus the number of clicks and followers acquired, divided by the number of impressions.
What should I post on LinkedIn?
- To articles you were quoted in
- To a relevant YouTube video
- Advice that is relevant to your company's area of specialty
- Requests to connect on Twitter and Facebook
- Important company announcements and key results
As your company develops its LinkedIn page, your company will develop more connections with professionals and other businesses in its industry. So don’t let your company miss out on this opportunity to connect.
While LinkedIn may seem a little daunting to use, it is a great business tool to use in this digital age. At SAS Media, we help our clients navigate the online world to get the most out of their experience. SAS Media helps their clients to understand why they need to connect online, who their audience is, what, when, how and where to post. We help create content that is targeted to each social media platform. At SAS Media, we believe preparation is key, so we take time to provide our clients with training workshops to assist in creating a social media management plan that is suitable for their needs. Most of all, we are always on call, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help each and every one of our clients navigate the world of social media.