NSW Premier, The Hon. Mike Baird MP, has today announced changes to the NSW Ministry following the resignation of The Hon. Mike Gallacher MLC last week.
The Hon. Stuart Ayres MP will take over the Police and Emergency Services portfolios while the Premier has also announced the appointment of five new Parliamentary Secretaries.
Full changes are outlined below.
• The Hon Stuart Ayres MP (LIB) is appointed as the Minister for Police, Minister for Emergency Services in addition to his portfolios as Minister for Sport and Recreation and Minister Assisting the Premier on Western Sydney;
• The Hon Matthew Mason-Cox MLC (LIB) is promoted to the Cabinet as Minister for Fair Trading;
• The Hon Duncan Gay MLC (NAT) becomes Leader of the Government in the Legislative Council and Vice President of the Executive Council;
• The Hon Andrew Constance MP (LIB) takes on the additional responsibility of Minister for Industrial Relations;
• The Hon Rob Stokes MP (LIB) takes on the additional responsibility of Minister for the Central Coast.
• Mr John Barilaro MP (NAT), Parliamentary Secretary for Small Business and Regional Development
• The Hon Catherine Cusack MLC, Parliamentary Secretary for Tertiary Education and Skills
• Mr David Elliott MP (LIB), Parliamentary Secretary to the Premier for Youth, Homelessness and the Centenary of ANZAC;
• Mr Matthew Kean MP (LIB), Parliamentary Secretary for Communities; and
• Mrs Leslie Williams MP (NAT), Parliamentary Secretary for Renewable Energy.